Laura Maria Rinta (b. 1994) is a Helsinki-based vocalist and composer. Laura holds a Master’s degree from the Sibelius Academy‘s Global Music Department, where she has specialized in flamenco singing. Her studies at the Sibelius Academy also included a one year exchange program at the flamenco department of the Taller de Músics ESEM in Barcelona as well as field studies in Sevilla and Madrid. Prior to her studies at the Global Music Department, she also studied at Sibelius Academy’s Folk Music Department for two years. Besides flamenco and Finnish folk music, her studies in Sibelius Academy included vocal lessons in Cuban traditions and pop & jazz.
In addition to her work as a teacher, she has been involved in the following projects:
- Laura’s own band held their premiere concert in 2023 in Black Box at Helsinki Music Centre performing songs composed by Laura to Spanish translations of author Edith Södergran’s poems
- The flamenco project ”Cantaoras” performed in the main concert of Festival Flamenco de Tampere (the biggest and oldest flamenco festival in the Nordic countries), in SibaFest and in FlamencoFredag in Stockholm
- Singer in the vocal ensemble Jäine.
- Her former duo mammantytöt! released their album Glitter & trad. in 2017 received a nomination for the Newcomer of the Year in Etnogaala 2019, did a live concert recording for YLE in 2018 and also performed in most of the most notable folk festivals and venues in Finland as well as in Denmark and in Sweden.
- Laura has also worked with children’s music recording the Spanish-language versions of songs by the group Mimmit and playing the cello on the award-winning “Nyt mennään” album of Mutaveijarit.
- You can read more about Laura’s current projects on her website.
Laura teaches voice and music playschool in Helsinki in the following languages: English, Finnish, and Spanish.
To set up a trial lesson with Laura, please contact us.