FUNDAMENTALS OF IMPROVISATION – CREATING AN IMPROVISATION SPACE WORKSHOP
October 9 - October 10
We are proud to open our Advanced Musicianship Tools Workshop Series with Jeremy Wong; organised by the International School of Music Finland in cooperation with the Global Music Centre.
MUSICAL IMPROVISATION is getting increasing attention amongst styles and genres all around the world. From the Western Classical traditions of Baroque keyboard partimento to the modern popular Jazz culture, improvisation has been and will continue to be an important part of one’s musical expression and performance.
This workshop introduces a method of free improvisation to the participants from a personalised pedagogic manner. The participants will acquire tools that are useful for exploring various music settings that require improvisation as a solo or ensemble player. Expect all kinds of stylistic fusions and spontaneous creativity as we create an improvisation space together in this workshop. Musicians (including percussions) of all levels are warmly welcomed!
- Introduction to improvisation
- Creating an ‘improvisation space’ (with and without instruments)
- Improvisation techniques for ensemble playing
- Improvisation techniques for solo playing
- Improvising with other artistic mediums (pictures/videos/poems/story)
- Tips for preparing for an improvisatory performance
Date: Tue 9.10.2018 and Wed 10.10.2018
Time: 17:00 – 20:00
Location: Global Music Centre (Hämeentie 34 D, Helsinki)
Price: 50€ for two days; 30€ for one day