International School of Music Finland
ISM started in Autumn 2015 as the first English speaking music school in Finland.
The International School of Music Finland is a registered non-profit organization providing music education in Helsinki as recognized by the City of Helsinki (taiteen laaja ja yleinen opetuslupa).
Our teachers offer lessons in the following languages:
If you are interested in having lessons at ISM Finland, you can fill in our online application form.
ISM Finland provides lessons in many schools in Helsinki and Espoo as well as at our studio at Hietalahdenkatu 8, Helsinki:
WHAT IS ABRSM?
ABRSM (The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) is an organisation that offers standardised exams for many instruments and all levels of musical ability in over 90 countries. ISM Finland is one of the few music schools in Finland that follows the internationally recognised ABRSM syllabus.
What are ABRSM exams?
The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music’s exams and assessments encourage and motivate players and singers at all levels through the provision of goals and the measurement of progress. Assessments range from a Prep Test for beginners to Diplomas for advanced students and professionals.
Find out more in the following video:
Benefits of taking the ABRSM examinations
- You will receive a detailed marking/ comments sheet with an official certificate that is internationally recognized in more than 90 countries!
- Systemized and progressive grading system means students can track their improvement and is suitable for all ages.
- Loads of available (and free) music resources and supporting materials for improving your musical skills.
- The progressive grading system provides you with the ease to decide on what teaching levels is suitable for your students.
- The well-rounded music syllabus covers both musicianship topics and practical aspects of the instruments, allowing lessons to be done in a more varied and holistic way.
- ABRSM provides useful supporting materials for each individual musical component (i.e. sight reading, aural, scales, etc.), many which are free for use!